Friday, October 16, 2009

ZZZZzzzzzz

We found that Basil wouldn't scratch himself as much when he was laying with us on the sofa. So we let him sleep with us to keep an eye on his scratching (or at least that's we're using as the excuse). Also, we let him out in the middle of the night. Friends of ours tell us that there's no going back on the bed, so we have to be fully committed to this decision. We really don't mind, but I read in training books that the crate teaches them to hold their urine. Also, the crate isn't a bad thing. They feel safe in it. Basil has been very good with the crate as well, but we love snuggling with him during these cold nights.


At first he was like what is this? What's going on here? Hmm, what is this squishy blanket?


Immediately he made his way down and in between us. We both went to sleep and he followed. He slept through the night only waking when we woke to go to the bathroom.


In the evening, he likes to do this. If he sees me lay on the floor, he immediately comes. Then he steps on my legs. Then slowly wiggles his way in between and they lays down on my one leg.


Or he likes to lay on me on the couch.


In the morning, he does this funny thing. He stretches his front legs and then he sits down and scoots his butt all around the hallway. I wish I had a video!

No comments:

Post a Comment