Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Weekend Recap

Yawwwnnn I was so busy this weekend that I'm just beginning to recover now. Mom and dad took me to a lot of places last weekend. It was fun, but next time I might stay home. I appreciate the thought, but I'd rather lay at home in the AIR CONDITIONING.

On Friday night, we all went to HAPPY HOUR at El Camino in Northern Liberty (Philadelphia). It's full of dog friendly restaurants and shops (as it should be). The waitress brought me out a dog bowl with cold water and mom brought treats along. She was pinching pennies by making me eat dinner at home before we went out. hmph


I dragged mom to some shops and sniffed all around. There were so many smells that I was just so excited! Check out this sign. I want mom to buy it for my crate.

Of course I was really pupular. Now that I'm a mature 2 years old, the young pups luv me. This little pup is only 4 months old and she was all over me. She got all gussied up just for me with her rhinestone hair pin.

Check him out! He's like a skinnier, taller, less cute version of me! We sniffed eachother and jumped around a bit.
The night ended well. As mom and dad had margaritas and chips, I chilled out under the table on my dog bed. People passing by would stop and pet me. A couple of little kids came up and hugged me.
On Saturday, mom and dad took me to car show and BBQ. It was sooooooooo HOT! Mom was fussing over me like crazy, but I was just fine!
I checked out some old school cars, ate some hot dogs some human kids dropped, drank ice water and got lots of pets and praises.

Mom totally embarrassed me in front of everyone by putting an ice pack on me made of an empty hamburger bun bag! Thank a lot mom. Now, none of the girls are going to want me.
We went home and I passed out (figuratively) on the cool kitchen floor. I slept for hours!

4 comments:

  1. Thank goodness for A/A, huh buddy? I totally understand, and I'm even blacker than you are, so that sun heats me up FAST! Mom has bought more than my weight in cooling coats and other supplies, and we've figured all kinds of tricks to cool me down. 'Tis the life of a Frenchie!

    Snorts-
    Brutus the Frenchie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who could ever resist that face!!
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Basil, your mom should look into those Cool Coats things. It's supposed to keep you nice and cool while being stylish at the same time. Mom is thinking about getting us one. I mean, it's gotta be better than an empty hamburger bun bag.. BOL!

    Stella, Gunther and Betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only question is, what happened to the hamburgers that the buns went on?

    ReplyDelete