Thursday, April 29, 2010

Good Toys



When I go shopping, I always scour the "pets" section for good toys or other dog gear (aka cute clothes eh hem eh hem). Finding a good toy is hard to come by in my opinion. Basil really loves the soft toys. He's snagged a few of my stuffed animals on my bed which I've had to rescue. He's been given some very soft toys for Christmas. We watch him very closely when he has one of those. As soon as he rips them (within the evening), we toss it in the trash. It's not worth the trouble they can cause. FBRN mommy Joan gave Basil a really good toy which lasted MONTHS.

I bought Basil a new toy ring that I found at HomeGoods. It's one of those super tough soft toys. We both love it because I can wrap my hand around it to play tug of war with him which he loves. Also, it has the "beep beeps" around the whole ring and Basil loves squeezing it and making the beep beep sound.

Also, we take the toy away after playing. He goes into chewing mode in the evenings, so we switch out his toy with the bone when he wants to chew instead of chewing the toy down. It also keeps him interested in the toy longer.

What toys do you like?

3 comments:

  1. we could hear the snortin over here. Don't you just love those soft things
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds just like me! I'm a tugger & a chewer (not so much a ripper). I just mash toys to death, then momma has to take them away. She agrees - not worth the potential trouble when the stuffing starts pouring out. Seems that we Frenchies don't have the most discriminating palates, and will eat just about anything...

    Snorts-
    Brutus the Frenchie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frenchies are so much alike. The Pugs, Stella and Gunther will rip any stuffy to shreds. I would rather play tug-o-war or toss the thing in the air and watch it land.

    The other day, mom bought me a special toy with a tiny hole at the top that treats can fall out of. It's devine! It keeps me so busy. She promised to do a post about it because it's so cool!

    Frenchie kisses,
    Betty

    ReplyDelete