Thursday, September 9, 2010

Guinness stands up for himself

It's tough being the little brother. Basil drinks Guinn's water, takes his bones, hogs the toys, and blocks him from his friends and doesn't let him play fetch with mom.

Mom gave Guinn a new toy today - this blue frisbe with a beep beep in the center. Basil seized every opportunity to take it away from Guinn and was successful each time snarling and snatching it away. Mom gave it back to Guinn over and over again. Finally, Guinn stood up for himself and let Basil know he wasn't going to take his crap anymore (although he doesn't mind eating it). For the first time, Basil accepted this and sat down and sighed with defeat.

Basil: Gimme!
Guinn: But I had it first!
Basil: Gimmeeee!
Guinn: Mom gave it to meeeeee!
Basil: (growl) I want it!
Guinn: I want it!
Mom: If you guys can't play nice, no one gets it!
Guinn: See what you did now Basil!?
Basil: Well, you should've just given it to me...
Guinn: Why can't you share!
Basil: I was here first.
Guinn: Well, I was here second.
Mom: Quit it you two.


3 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's tough being the little brother but you've got to learn to keep what is yours. Those 'first borns' need to learn how to share == takes a while sometimes! Good going Guinn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go Guinn!! I have that same Frisbee! Um, except I've already torn out the squeaker and the rope has been stripped from the rest of the toy. It was fun while it lasted!
    WOOF!
    -Weezer

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Basil...you are like Lily stealing everything and all my stuff
    Benny (& Lily)

    ReplyDelete