Monday, May 3, 2010

Betty & Basil's Play Date

Mommy set up a hot date for me on Sunday with the Beautiful Betty. She cleaned my ears, brushed my fur and taught me the proper way to greet a lady. I knew something was in the air when mommy put out pears and cheese. Betty must have been a real special gal.


After maybe 50 photos, mommy finally got one of both of us together. Don't we look cute together?


When Betty arrived, I properly greeted her by sniffing her behind. Just don't stare! The ladies don't like that.


I took Betty for a walk around to show her my hood. It's a pretty nice place to live. There's lots of other dogs and things to sniff. If we got married, you can move in with me Betty.


Come on Betty! Up here!


Welcome to my house. I like your red harness. (Always compliment her on what she's wearing.)


Like a good host, I offered Betty some water. See Betty. If you stay with me, you can drink all the tap water you want here. I'm a good provider.


I put all the right moves on Betty, but she was so overwrought by my charm that she didn't want to play. I kept jumping around to impress her, but nothing worked.


Come on Betty! Play with me! I'm strong and healthy. I can protect you and you'll never be bored with me.


Plllllleeeeeease play with me. My parents have stable jobs and I have my own crate. I'll even let you sleep on the softer side.


PLAY WITH MEEEE PUUUULLLEASSE!


I can even catch my own prey. Look at this mouse. arghhhh nom nom nom


Before I knew it, it was time for Betty to go home. We had a wonderful time and I hope we can be friends....CALL ME!

2 comments:

  1. Basil sweetie. You are just too cute for boofs. Really. Maybe Betty would respond better to a different approach. Try playing hard to get next time she comes over. You'll probably have her sniffing your butt in no time!

    Love,
    Stella, Gunther and Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lucky guy, Basil! There's no one better to play with than a fellow Frenchie! Sorry the lovely lady was a little shy on your first date. Maybe she'll come out of her shell next time.

    Snorts-
    Brutus the Frenchie

    ReplyDelete