Monday, August 9, 2010

Funny: Basil and his raw hide

Basil got a raw hide bone for his birthday from Bo. We don't give them to Basil because we know frenchies shouldn't have them. Each time Basil goes over to Bo's house to play, he goes for her food bowl and raw hide bone. That's why Bo got him that thoughtful gift.

I put the raw hide bone away along with his other gifts. I only introduce a new bone or toy when he's finished with the first. Well, I was cleaning and getting ready for Guinness and took all Basil's things out. Basil sniffed that bone out immediately! He kept poking his head into the bag, crushing the bag and licking the bone. He sniffed the bag and my clothes like a pig in poo when I tried to hide it.

Finally, I gave in and let him have it. He was so engrossed with this bone! He was like a deprived kid in a candy store. It was potty time, but he was so occupied by his bone that he didn't even care. I called him to go "outside" and guess what?

He carries the bone with him outside and drops it on the deck. He continues to lick it. I asked him to go potty and he was literally like a kid who was afraid someone would take his toy if he walked away. He kept looking at it and was hesitant to move away from it. I asked him again "Come on! Let's go!" I could tell he needed to go. It looked like he wanted to go but didn't want to leave the bone. I could see the hesitation in his body language. Finally, he leaves it and goes to the edge of the deck but before leaving the deck...he looked back at his bone as though to check if it was still there and stepped back and forth like he debating if he should go get it just in case!

It was sooo DARN CUTE!

No comments:

Post a Comment